[MSX] uzix dosdir etc.

Eric Boon msx@stack.nl
Tue Apr 8 01:07:28 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:51:46 +0200
Diederick de Vries <diederic@studenten.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to copy some files from a dos partition to my uzix
> partition,  but can't even get dosdir to work. The manpage says `A
> drivecode of A causes the program to use /dev/dosA, for example, a
> link to /dev/fd0.' So I made dosA a hard link to /dev/fd0 and typed
> dosdir A, but sash reported
>
> cannot open /dev/dosA: No such device or address.
>
> I boot from A (partition 0), uzix is installed on C (partition 2).
> Can anyone tell me what I'm dong wrong?

Not exactly, but I can take some wild guesses :-)
- Try a loft-link instead of a hardlink (ln -s)
- Do you, as a user, have the right permissions to access
  /dev/fd0? Or are you root?
- Is there a floppy in the drive?
- You say you boot from "A (partition 0)". Do you want to 'dosdir'
  to that partition? In that case you should make dosA link to
  /dev/hda1, not /dev/fd0.

Eric