[MSX] Attachments and HTML

Wynke Stulemeijer msx@stack.nl
Wed Apr 23 18:53:02 2003

Hey everyone,

I was told by some people that they have recently had problems sending
mail to the MSX mailinglist, and that they kept getting error messages
back that said 'suspicious header' or something similar. I have looked
at some of these mails and it turned out that pretty much all of them
were messages that consisted of a plain text and a HTML part. Because
not all mail readers support HTML, and because such 'double' messages
are seen as messages with an attachment by the mailinglist server
software, these messages are blocked. So, if you have problems sending
anything to the list, please check your mail program's settings and
make sure it sends mail in plain text only!

If you have any trouble sending messages to the list apart from that,
let me know and I'll try to help.

Oh, and by the way, I have seen many messages that people tried to
send from addresses that aren't members of the list. These will be
blocked also. Most of the messages sent from outside the list are
spam, and this is the best way I know to block pretty much all spam
from the list.

See you all in Tilburg next weekend!

Wynke
Mailing list maintainer