[MSX] Wich roms to exctract? (Yamaha network)

Manuel Bilderbeek msx@stack.nl
Wed Aug 13 21:51:01 2003

Jetze Mellema wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Several people asked me for the roms of the Yamaha YIS-503IIIR so tried to
> extract them. So far no problem, I used getrom.bin and it found MSX2.ROM,
> MSX2EXT.ROM, DISK.ROM and a 16kB and 32kB rom. I know that the 32kB rom is
> the networkinterface because it was not detected after I removed the
> interface.
>
> Does that mean that the only rom of interest is this 32kB rom, or are the
> other roms also important? And how about the other 16kB rom?

All ROMs are important and also in what slot they were located.
Getrom.bin tells you this. For even better information, you can also run
MSXMEM.BAS (an MCM program) which gives somewhat more details. Please
mail the info and the ROMs to me too!
Thanks!

--
Grtjs, Manuel