[MSX] Chase HQ cas file

David Heremans msx@stack.nl
Mon May 31 08:06:01 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:51:14AM +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:
> Btw, the wav file working on a real MSX but not on openMSX does not
> really say that there is a 'bug' in openMSX I think? You can change the
> volume of the wave output and depending on the the MSX might load or not
> load the tape? It could be called a lacking feature ofcourse, missing a
> cassette volume control :) (if it actually does).

I also remember from my early days that some models are much more
sensitive about the signal then others. My VG8020 could hardly read some
tapes, while the same tape used on a Sony would load without a glitch.
It was common knowledge those days that any Philips machine was much
more pickier about its signal then the Sony machines.
I always have thought that this was due to the difference in a possible
RC-filter on the cas-in port (but I never actually checked this though)

David

--
openMSX - the open source MSX emulator that aims for perfection
http://openmsx.sf.net/