[MSX] MSX Resource Center news summary Jun 22, 2005 - Jul 06, 2005

The MSX Resource Center mailer at msx.org
Wed Jul 6 00:00:05 CEST 2005

Dear readers,

This automated weekly email message contains the MSX Resource Center news summary dating from Jun 22, 2005 until Jul 06, 2005. Last week, 11 news articles were posted at the MSX Resource center. The complete newsarchive can be found here: http://www.msx.org/newsarchive.html

Kind regards,
MSX Resource Center team

THE GREAT ESCAPE IN PROJECT EGG (2005-07-05 13:12:45)

Amusement Center haver released Carry Lab's action game 'The Great Escape' (aka Large Desertion), an action game for MSX1 originally released in 1985, in their retro gaming service Project EGG.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/The-Great-Escape-in-Project-EGG.newspost3113.html

WAVES 1.1 (2005-07-04 01:47:53)

On June 29th, Daniel Vik released a new MSX1 demo called Waves, an impressive megademo, coming as a 512k MegaROM. PSG Samples, smooth scrolls and cool effects: this demo has got it all. Soon after its release, the demo was updated with an even nicer scroller. As of now, it's also available in our downloads database. If you'd like to discuss the demo, there already is a thread on it in our active MSX Forum, you can find it right here.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Waves-1.1.newspost3112.html

MANIC MINER 3D (2005-07-03 13:39:09)

Paradum Games have released a single-level 3D remake of Software Projects's Manic Miner, demonstrating their 'Nudge 2' engine in action.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Manic-Miner-3D.newspost3111.html

THUNDER FORCE V - LEGENDARY WINGS BY HACKURL AND DARIA (2005-07-03 13:30:00)

The two Japanese chiptune composers Hackurl and Daria have both released arranged versions of the Sega Saturn game 'Thunder Force V'. Daria also released an MSX-style arrangement from the arcade game Battle Garegga.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Thunder-Force-V-Legendary-wings-by-Hackurl-and-Daria.newspost3110.html

MNBIOS WEBSITE UPDATE (2005-07-02 20:36:59)

Flyguille, the author of MNBIOS (MSX Non Basic Input Output System), updated the MNBIOS website. All outdated information related to the beta versions is  removed, except for the screenshots. Both the programming and downloads sections are updated. The programming section now contains a online programmer's manual. The downloads section will contain all available resources for download and already contains some .asm files.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/MNBIOS-website-update.newspost3109.html

SURREC'S MUSIX DIZKS - PUBLIC DOMAIN (2005-07-02 18:23:13)

Surrec has decided to make their MSX music disks public domain. For the moment, only MusiX Dizks 1 and 3, as well as 13 in een Dozijn, can be downloaded from Richard Bosch's website. The rest of Surrec's repertoire will follow soon.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Surrecs-MusiX-Dizks-Public-Domain.newspost3108.html

MRC DOWNLOADS TOP 10; JUNE 2005 (2005-07-01 09:29:12)

It's the first of the month, so lets have a look at which files have been downloaded the most during June 2005. The download top 10 of June 2005 looks as follows:

  * E3D Evolution (129 downloads)
  * Micro Music 3.1 (with MicroRip 0.01) (115 downloads)
  * Bet your life (79 downloads)
  * IPS for MSX (78 downloads)
  * ANMA's Amusements Disk (70 downloads)
  * ROMLOAD (65 downloads)
  * Car II (65 downloads)
  * 15 - Sphere (65 downloads)
  * Vscreen (64 downloads)
  * 3D Cube (62 downloads)

Currently, our database contains 671 freeware downloads. If you'd like to share your productions with the MSX community, send them to downloads at msx.org. Happy downloading!

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/MRC-Downloads-top-10%3B-June-2005.newspost3107.html

PENGUIN ADVENTURE REMAKE (2005-06-30 21:52:14)

>From Brain Games the pleasant news that they have decided on their next project; a remake of Konami's Penguin Adventure. While they are currently still polishing their F-1 Spirit remake, the first three team-members (Santi Ontañón, Jorrith Schaap and Miikka Poikela) have already signed on for this project. Go :)!

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Penguin-Adventure-remake.newspost3106.html

RETRO COMPUTER DAY (2005-06-30 21:46:00)

As we reported some while ago, on september 10th, 2005, a retro computer day will be held at 'Zalencentrum De Kayersheerdt' in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. As can be seen on the Retrocomputerdag website, several standholders have already applied. We just learned that Delta Soft will be there, representing the MSX community.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Retro-Computer-Day.newspost3105.html

WAVES (2005-06-29 11:15:10)

Daniel Vik, the main developer of blueMSX, has released a new demo for MSX1. The demo, which comes as a 512kB MegaROM, shows impressive tricks such as a smooth full-screen scroller, a screensplit between SCREEN 2 and SCREEN 3 and more.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Waves.newspost3104.html

HI HI! (PUFFY AMIYUMI) BY DRM (2005-06-29 01:55:40)

DRM has released another tune in his Project 157 section, in which he re-arranges familiar pop-songs. This time, he used the PSG, OPLL and SCC for an arrangement of the song Hi Hi! by Puffy Amiyumi. This Japanese band is also performed the theme-song to Cartoon Network's new show Teen Titans.

Read more at: http://www.msx.org/Hi-Hi%21-%28Puffy-Amiyumi%29-by-DRM.newspost3103.html