[MSX] reviving JoyNet

Michiel Weel Michiel.Weel at Globalcollect.com
Fri May 20 10:12:03 CEST 2005

Hey Pats :)

Couldn't you just write this in MSX-C? Should be right up there with
ANSI-C, right?
Just some other ports & stuff, by the way when are we gonna sort the
MSX's ?

Cheers mate!

RE > -----Original Message-----
RE > From: msx-bounces at stack.nl [mailto:msx-bounces at stack.nl]
RE > On Behalf Of patsie at multiweb.nl
RE > Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 9:43 AM
RE > To: msx at stack.nl
RE > Subject: [MSX] reviving JoyNet
RE >
RE > Hi Folks,
RE >
RE > Not long ago I got some new MSX stuff and while sorting
RE > things from one of my cable-bags, I found my old JoyNet
RE > cable again. Realising that there were hardly any
RE > games/apps made, I thought it was probably due to the fact
RE > there was never really written a good protocol for it. So
RE > last night I started figuring things out again and came up
RE > with a pretty decent _theoretical_ protocol. Since I'm not
RE > really an MSX programmer, this is where you guys come in :)
RE >
RE > First of all I still have a couple of questions.
RE > I remember that the joystick ports status gets 'changed'
RE > when interrupts are enabled. Is this 1 status the ports
RE > change to, or does it change randomly/continuously? If
RE > it's a stable status, which bits get set and which bits unset?
RE >
RE > Finally, is there interest in opening a discussion on this
RE > mailinglist, or should I find someone to help me implement
RE > this in private?
RE >
RE > Greets,
RE >
RE >    Patsie
RE >
RE >
This message is confidential and is intended solely for the named addressee. It may contain information that is privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately, and destroy any copies and delete it from your computer system. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying thereof is prohibited and may be unlawful. We cannot guarantee the genuineness or completeness of the information sent by or through email, nor for any timely receipt thereof. Furthermore, GlobalCollect does not give any guarantee in relation to the accuracy of any information sent by or through this email message. GlobalCollect is in any event under no circumstances liable for any damages of whatever nature, which are the direct or indirect result of any actions and/or decisions which are or may be based on the information sent by or through this email message.