[MSX] GEM v1.01 released
vampiermsx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:29:41 CEST 2010
This truly is an amazing gamboy emulator for the msx platform.
From: msx-bounces at stack.nl [mailto:msx-bounces at stack.nl] On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 3:10 PM
To: msx at stack.nl
Subject: [MSX] GEM v1.01 released
In celebration of GEM's 10th anniversary, GEM v1.0 (and v1.01) was released.
With a small amount of frameskip, most games play fast enough to be enjoyed
and many even run at full speed!
Changes since previous version:
- Greatly improved sound emulation.
* Emulated sound lengths.
* Conversion of GB linear to PSG logarithmic volumes.
* Noise channel emulation on PSG.
* Added proper SCC emulation of the GB wave channel.
* Removed problematic PSG emulation of the GB wave channel.
* SCC support with accurate emulation of waveforms.
* Emulated volume envelopes.
* Partially emulated pitch sweep register.
- Greatly improved Dynamic Recompiler.
* Cache purging.
* Block chaining.
* Lazy evaluation of CPU registers.
* Optimized block loops.
* Static CPU simulation for improved code quality.
* Optimized block epilogue.
* Extended blocks beyond conditional jumps.
* Memory segment tracking.
* Optimized cache handling.
* Optimized memory access.
* Optimized I/O access.
- Greatly improved memory management.
* External Memory Mapper support. Large games finally work on MSX
* Rewrote loading and startup.
* Proper DOS2 memory handling, GEM now works in all DOS2 environments.
- Removed F5 key sound switch from configuration mode.
- Optimized GB Sprite DMA.
MSX mailing list (msx at stack.nl)
Info page: http://lists.stack.nl/mailman/listinfo/msx
More information about the msx